Wednesday, January 23, 2013

hi lil bonsai!

Look what I got on Friday!


Don't you just love it?  I decided I liked this non-traditional bonsai with its leafy greens, chunky trunk, and that precious chubby little panda!  My co-workers thought it might be a ginger root... and when I tried to figure it out through Google searches, I thought it might be a ginseng ficus bonsai.  Not too sure.  

Admittedly, I'm nervous about taking care of this little guy since I don't have the greenest thumb, but so far, I think he's doing ok.  We water every Tuesday and Friday by filling up the tray so the tree can pull the water upward to the top of the soil.  I found a yellowing leaf but looking at the picture, I think it had one already when I got it?  So maybe that's not new.  Fingers crossed that this little guy keeps thriving!

No comments:

Post a Comment