Thursday, January 17, 2013

ice cream, you scream


Happy Thursday!  Anyone as excited as I am that it's already the end of the week?  Phew, we almost made it.  Not much has been happening here but the usual busy, busy, busy.  

So, in lieu of some nonsense blabbering, I thought I would share a picture of some deliciousness that I discovered last week.  See that yummy picture up there?  That is Haagen Dazs Salted Caramel Truffle ice cream and it is super nommy.  I tried it a few days prior to that waffle cone when I made a rash decision to choose any new flavor I saw on the menu.  I half expected it to be an overly sweet caramel monstrosity, but was pleasantly surprised that it did include some chocolate (the "truffle" part of the whole thing, I suppose).  Salted caramel swirl and caramel-filled chocolate make for a tasty combo that really hit the spot.  It was absolutely freezing the day I had that cone, but it was SO worth it!  (I also realized my cone looks crazy.  They offer sizes "regular" and "large" and they use a small ice scream scoop so my large cone was made up of a bunch of small scoops haha.)  Haagen Dazs website says it's a "limited edition" flavor, whatever that means.

Besides being excited for our weekly jaunt down to the food trucks for lunch at work (which we fondly refer to as Food Trucks Friday), tomorrow, my co-worker and I are excited for our bonsai trees.  One of our other co-workers discovered a farmers market a few blocks away from the office and found a bonsai tree for himself a couple weeks ago and ever since, everyone's been wanting one!  Tomorrow, he's going to pick up ones for me and my other co-worker and we're so excited.  I requested one with a panda theme and she wanted one with a fisherman (with a pole and a dangling fish).  Yay!

Speaking of pandas, newest baby cub Xiao Liwu is finally on exhibit and I can't wait to see him!

No comments:

Post a Comment