Wednesday, January 11, 2012

and now back to your regularly scheduled programming


Seasons greetings!  I hope you enjoyed your holiday season as much as we did.  Things have been busy but full of fun, happiness, and laughter.  All very good things.

I've been looking forward to the start of the new year for a while, if mostly just for a fresh start.  It's been hard getting back into the swing of things and honestly, I'm still working on it.

Today, I saw one of my good law school friends when he came to my office for a deposition.  There we were, me working at one firm, and him decked out in a suit working on the other side for the 'enemy' (haha) and I couldn't help but remember when not so long ago, we were just kids sitting next to each other in a law school classroom.  It's amazing how much we've all grown up and now we're real life working professionals.  Not just textbooks and mock problems anymore!

I'm not one to come up with new year's resolutions usually, but I started thinking that for this year, it would be great to have some goals to work toward.  So I've come up with an incomplete work-in-progress list:

-- Blog more.  So much to say, so much to do!

-- Cook and bake more!  I am lucky enough to own both a Cuisinart food processor and a Kitchenaid stand mixer now, so it's about time to put them to work!  And eating healthier as a result would also be great.

-- Clean/organize my apartment.  And on-going project that we've done some major work on but still need to keep going.

-- Craft more.  I have so many awesome patterns and books and things I've been wanting to make for a long time, it's about time I get to it.  The world needs more cute crafty creations, haha.

-- Practice my knitting skills.  

-- Read more.  Thanks to my new Kindle (which replaced the one I broke, ugh - thanks mom!), I have thousands of books at my fingertips and new worlds to discover.

-- Go on more adventures of the food, zoo, beach, animal, sports, and vacation variety.

-- Catch up on all the TV shows I've been behind on (looking at you, Glee, Modern Family, Criminal Minds, CSI) and discovering new shows (30 Rock, Revenge, Once Upon a Time...).  Matt and I are going to put his Apple TV to work, lemme tell you.

-- Watch more movies, even classics.  I used to watch so many movies and then I stopped, not really sure why.  But I'm taking recommendations for must-see movies, what are your favs?

-- Work on being more organized, being patient, staying stress-free and letting things go.  I am stubborn and temperamental as a bull and I'd really like to chill out in the new year, haha.

-- Learn how to make the most of my DSLR and take pictures galore.  I have this pretty nifty camera but I am a total buffoon when it comes to knowing how to use it. 

--  Work on looking/dressing nicer.  I own all these great clothes, accessories, and make-up but I never have enough time to get ready to use them all, in the morning or on weekends.

-- Get more rest.  Time always seems to slip away, especially when things are busy.

-- Always remember to appreciate and enjoy the little things in life.  Sort of cheesy but I think it's easy to forget sometimes in the hustle and bustle of every day life.

And the list goes on...

What are some of your goals for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment