Sunday, August 7, 2011

crafty monkeys


Check out this adorable monkey print fabric I bought last weekend.  What do you I should make with it?


How about new kitchen curtains?  I sewed them on my sewing machine on Saturday night.  I bought some remnant fabric (muslin) to add as backing to each side to double up the fabric and add to the thickness.  Love the Joann's remnants section!  You can find some super finds sometimes of scraps of fabric that are all half off the original price.  The muslin worked perfect - although I took these pics at night so they're not so great (sorry), I noticed on Sunday that the combination of fabrics were light enough to let some pretty sunlight shine through still.  Adorable!  My sewing machine started acting up after I added more thread onto the bobbin so the right curtain is a little rough around the edges, but it still looks pretty good anyway!  The curtains hang from a tension rod and from curtain clips, both purchased at Target.  I sewed the curtains without a pattern, just from an idea in my head.  Not too shabby, huh?

It was super fun to be able to be crafty again and although I was rusty on the sewing machine, I was impressed I haven't forgotten the basics of how to thread the needle, etc.  I'd really love to keep a goal of working on/making a crafty thing each week.  Not a huge project, just small things...and fun.  I wonder what my next project will be?  I'm thinking it'll be something knitting related - I must practice and learn how to knit!  There are so many cute things to make :)

No comments:

Post a Comment