Friday, December 31, 2010

hello 2011!

Hello world!  I feel like I've been MIA from my blog for a long time, even if it's just been a few weeks.  Now it's mere moments away from being 2011 (a whole new year!) and I feel like I need to catch up on what's been going on in the last bits of 2010.

Things have really been topsy turvy lately.  I went from beginning to plan my new study schedule for the February Bar exam to go along with my crafting and Etsy-ing to interviewing for and getting a new job!  That came out of nowhere, for real.  So, that's where I've been the past few weeks, just adjusting to a lot of new things.  It's been challenging and stressful and frustrating at times, but it's good, too, and good to be earning my own money again.  We really needed it!  Although it's been a lot to take in, I'm going to look at it as another challenge and go into it with a fresh attitude and mindset for 2011.  Some day I'll look back on this day and think about how silly I was for feeling so overwhelmed.  It's just adjusting and becoming comfortable - I just wish it'd feel natural already, but looking back at my first job out of college, I remember feeling the same way.  So I'll try to work on some patience and keep an open mind.

Even in these few weeks, besides the job, a lot of fun stuff has been happening.  My sister bought her Disneyland annual pass and we went twice in the span of 4 days (and even survived a rainy night the second time).  After she flew home, Matt and I spent a lovely Christmas at his parents' house with family and friends.  It's always good laughs and craziness and this time was no different, especially when we encountered an interesting character at the bar on Christmas Eve that became completely smitten with Matt's mom's friend.  Yikes.  Definitely a story to remember.  And we got to meet up with some of Matt's dear friends and it turned out to be a lot of fun catching up.  

I got some lovely things for Christmas but I think I've gotten to the point where it's more about the time and festivities than it is about the gifts.  I didn't get anything major but it was cute to receive thoughtful little things, like handmade crochet takochu from my sister, a Smashbox makeup kit from Santa, a super cute monkey plush, a yoshi plush, and cute keychain and coin purse from Matt's grandma.  Now that I'm making my own money again, I can't wait to start paying off some of my debts that have accumulated.  Also, my goal (hopefully soon) is to buy my first DLSR camera.  I'd love to improve on my Etsy shop photos and also, I'd like to be able to take some nice photos just for myself.  Maybe for art around the house or just as inspiration for crafts.  My sister just bought her first one so I'm waiting to see/hear if it's great and hopefully I can pool some money together from my Christmas money and save some from my job and get one soon, too.

I've decided that this year, I will do the yearlong photo-a-day project.  I learned about this too late last year to do it so I've been waiting for the start to the new year to get it going.  I'm planning on taking a photo a day for the entire year, to keep a photo 'scrapbook' if you will of things that happened each day.  I'm sure some days won't be as interesting but I think it's a fun challenge and to look back on 365 days' worth of photos might be pretty cool.  I haven't decided if I'll post the photos on my blog or my tumblr, but I might do it on both.  Just a short entry each day.  I'm reluctant to go through the hassle of creating another blog and have yet another thing to maintain when I already have trouble with the ones I have now so I'll just keep it simple.  I'm excited and I hope you will be, too!

I'm not one for big new year's resolutions but I think I have some goals for the new year.  They're just general ones but I think they're good to keep in mind.  Like I already said, I'm looking forward to a fresh start and having more patience with things.  And I'm hoping to find a nice balance between work, studying and play so I can succeed at everything.  I miss crafting and wish I could expand on my Etsy shop.  I also want to make sure I sketch and write and take more photos...I have so many cool crafty mediums and this blog and a tumblr that need more attention and a lot more re-focusing and re-design.  I want to make 2011 great and am looking forward to a lot of great changes and growth.  I'm not sure where 2010 went but I'm sorta glad it's over because it was rough at times, but I hope 2011 has a lot of great things in store.  I'm ready!

Photo yearbook day 1 is coming up soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment